Revera has built a more than 50-year legacy of enabling seniors to live their lives to the fullest. This commitment goes beyond our residents and clients. It extends to the communities in which we live and work through Revera Giving, our community involvement program. .
Our program includes three key areas of focus:
Age is More: Age is More
is the name of Revera’s social initiative to challenge ageism – the negative attitudes, stereotypes and preconceptions that prevent older persons from living their lives to the fullest. More than simply shedding light on the obstacles of ageism, Age is More
is also about showcasing and celebrating the ageless spirit of people.
In partnership with the International Federation on Ageing, Revera has developed the Revera Report on Ageism.
Read the Report on Ageism
| View the Infographic
| Read the News Release
Visit the Age is More
website to learn more, and help make a difference in challenging ageist attitudes.
Community in Action:
Our Revera Giving - Community in Action
program is about supporting the causes and organizations that matter most to our communities, clients and employees, and that help us create meaningful and lasting relationships in the areas in which we operate.
In 2018, Revera partnered with Habitat for Humanity Canada
as part of a new commitment to help families across Canada achieve affordable homeownerhsip. The company is committed to raising funds for this important cause at all of its 176 Retirement residences and Long Term Care homes.
From the Heart: Revera Giving - From the Heart
is all about encouraging and recognizing employees who go above and beyond to give their time to local charities to help make their communities stronger. Through From the Heart
, employees who volunteer their personal time to support a registered charity can apply for a grant of $100. This grant will be donated to that charity on their behalf.
Revera Giving Guidelines
To be eligible to apply, organizations must:
- Demonstrate a commitment to challenging the negative attitudes, stereotypes and preconceptions that prevent older persons from living their lives to the fullest, and/or showcase and celebrate the ageless spirit of older people
- Be inclusive of all older persons regardless of race, religion/faith or lifestyle
- In Canada, hold the legal status of charitable organization and be registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- In the US, be registered as a 501(c)(3) organization with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
If you’re a charitable organization that meets the eligibility criteria, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information:
- Information about your organization and its commitment to addressing the issue of ageism by showcasing and celebrating the ageless spirit of older people
- Details regarding the specific project, initiative or event that you are requesting funds for
- The amount being requested
- What role you see Revera playing, if any, in the initiative or event, beyond a financial contribution
- Your CRA Business Number in Canada or Employer Identification Number (EIN) in the U.S.
Please note that requests for funding received through other e-mail addresses or by fax may not be considered.
Types of charities ineligible to receive a grant/donation
Revera will not fund organizations that meet any of the following exclusionary criteria:
- Deficit campaigns or contingency funds
- Individuals, single families or organizations raising funds that will benefit an individual or a family
- Organizations operating outside of Canada or the U.S. (or whose beneficiaries are outside of Canada or the U.S.) unless it relates to an international initiative approved by the Revera Executive Team
- Organizations, programs or projects that are for-profit or business-based
- Organizations, programs or projects that discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion/faith or lifestyle
- Organizations, programs, or projects that focus primarily or exclusively on non-senior age groups
- Organizations, programs, or projects that represent a conflict of interest for Revera (e.g., in terms of business, ethics, principles and/or values)
- Political parties, programs or projects