BRAMPTON, Ontario – March 21, 2019
– Revera Inc., a Canadian leader in the senior living sector, was proud to recognize The Honourable William G. Davis, P.C., C.C., Q.C., former premier of Ontario, for his long-standing service to the community and the company at a special event in his hometown of Brampton today. Revera welcomed members of Mr. Davis’ family, Revera’s Chief Elder Officer Hazel McCallion, local dignitaries and residents of Greenway Retirement Residence to help celebrate Mr. Davis, who joined Revera’s Board in 2001, and continues to provide his counsel and wisdom as the company’s Board Chair Emeritus.
“For 17 years and counting, Revera has benefitted enormously from Mr. Davis’ insight, knowledge and experience,” said Thomas Wellner, Revera’s President and CEO. “As a company that celebrates the ageless spirit of people, Mr. Davis serves as a role model and inspiration to us all. I’m delighted to be here today to celebrate his many contributions.”
Mr. Davis served as the Premier of Ontario from 1971 to 1985 and was a Member of the Ontario Legislature from 1959 to 1985. He is currently Counsel at Davis Webb LLP in Brampton, a town where he is known by many by the affectionate nickname “Brampton Billy”. Mr. Davis is a Companion of the Order of Canada, a Member of the Order of Ontario, and a Member of the Privy Council.
“I’m very touched by today’s event, and proud to be part of the Board of Directors for Revera,” said Mr. Davis. “The care and empowerment of all people, regardless of age, is so critical to the health of our society. If I can add my voice to help make that happen, I’m happy to do it.”
At the event, Revera announced it is honouring Mr. Davis at Greenway and beyond in a variety of ways that reflect his outgoing personality, his love of sport, and his impressive legacy as a nation builder:
- Greenway’s flag poles have been moved to a more prominent position, and the Ontario provincial flag has been added.
- Greenway’s newly renovated fitness centre has been renamed The Bill Davis Fitness Centre; other areas of the residence, including the library, have also been renovated.
- Greenway has also introduced the Bill Davis signature sandwich, featuring pear, prosciutto, brie and cranberry jelly on sourdough bread, to its permanent menu.
- Revera is launching the Nation Builder Book Club, a book club toolkit that will travel to Revera retirement residences across the country with a focus on exploring the kind of stories, people and places that make Canada, Canada.
- Revera’s main boardroom at its Spectrum Way head office has been named the “Bill Davis Boardroom.”
“I’ve known and worked with Bill for a long time and have so much respect for his many accomplishments, particularly his immense contributions to education. He was the person who introduced me to Revera, and now we’re working together yet again, this time to help to advance thinking around the aging experience. I’m proud to be here today to recognize my friend, who has spent a lifetime strengthening the fabric of this province and this nation.”
Hazel McCallion, Chief Elder Officer, Revera
“Bill Davis is an icon in Brampton and all across Ontario. It is a great pleasure to have the opportunity to celebrate his remarkable legacy; especially his work with Revera to promote healthy, active and fulfilling lifestyles for seniors. His guidance and wisdom is irreplaceable and our community is much richer for his contributions.”
Sonia Sidhu, MP Brampton South
“Premier Bill Davis is an amazing mentor and friend. It is great to see Revera honour Premier Bill Davis and his impressive legacy. It’s truly an honour to serve as his MPP in Brampton South.”
Prabmeet Sarkaria, MPP Brampton South
“It is an honour to join this celebration for my mentor and Ontario’s greatest Premier Bill Davis. He has been a long- time advocate for seniors’ issues and has served with distinction on the Revera Board of Directors. I value his advice on public policy issues.”
Mayor Patrick Brown, City of Brampton
Revera is a leading Canadian-owned and -headquartered owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. Through its portfolio of partnerships, Revera owns or operates more than 500 properties across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, serving more than 55,000 seniors. The company offers seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. With approximately 50,000 employees dedicated to providing exceptional care and service, Revera is helping seniors live life to the fullest. Through Age is More
, Revera is committed to challenging ageism, the company’s social cause of choice. Find out more at ReveraLiving.com
or on Twitter @Revera_Inc
For further information please contact:
T: 289-997-5721 C: 647-330-5383