AJAX, Ontario – October 29, 2018 – More than 350 resident seniors, their families, community members and dignitaries celebrated the official Grand Opening of Ajax’s newest retirement community, Revera’s Westney Gardens yesterday. Revera, a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector, invested $50 million to bring this modern, environmentally-friendly, 132-suite retirement residence to Ajax, creating more than 40 local full- and part-time jobs.
“We are very proud to officially introduce Westney Gardens to the Ajax community,” says Thomas G. Wellner, President & CEO of Revera. “Westney Gardens is built on the core principles of choice, independence and innovation for seniors, and has already become a vibrant, exciting place to live. As our 76th retirement residence in Ontario, it also represents a significant milestone for Revera’s growth strategy.”
Westney Gardens features a wide range of dining options as well as amenities designed to help seniors live life to the fullest, including a fitness centre, a theatre, an off-leash dog run and even a golf simulator.
“On behalf of Ajax Council, I am thrilled to welcome Revera Westney Gardens Retirement Residence to Ajax,” said Mayor Steve Parish, Town of Ajax. “As a longtime supporter of housing choices for all residents, I am pleased that Revera’s 132-suite, state-of-the-art retirement residence will increase housing options for seniors in north Ajax.”
“I am pleased to welcome Revera’s Westney Gardens residence to the Ajax community,” said the Hon. Mark Holland, MP for Ajax. “Beyond the economic impact of bringing 40 full and part time jobs to Ajax, Westney Gardens addresses the need for a cutting-edge residence for seniors to live and recreate.”
"Westney Gardens is fast becoming an important part of our community,” said the Hon. Rod Phillips, MPP for Ajax. “Revera has made significant investments in Ajax and created beautiful homes so our seniors can continue to live in our community as they enjoy their finer years.”
About Westney Gardens
- 132 spacious suites, many with full kitchens, in-suite laundry and large private balconies.
- Amenities include a fitness centre, a creative arts studio, a theatre and even a golf simulator.
- Innovative wearable Revera Link™ technology allows the wearer to instantly request assistance anytime, and from anywhere in the building, and eliminates the need to carry suite keys.
- A range of dining options for residents, including a restaurant-style dining room, a pub, a bistro, and even in-suite dining.
- Westney Gardens is pet-friendly, with an off-leash dog run, dog washing station, and available pet care and dog walking services.
- Targeting LEED Silver certification, meaning that the building has been designed to help protect the environment through water conservation and energy efficiency.
Revera is a leading Canadian-owned and -headquartered owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. Through its portfolio of partnerships, Revera owns or operates more than 500 properties across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, serving more than 55,000 seniors. The company offers seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. With approximately 50,000 employees dedicated to providing exceptional care and service, Revera is helping seniors live life to the fullest. Through Age is More
, Revera is committed to challenging ageism, the company’s social cause of choice. Find out more at ReveraLiving.com
or on Twitter @Revera_Inc
For further information please contact:
T: 289-997-5721 C: 647-330-5383