You can make a difference. Today.
Are you looking for a meaningful place to volunteer your time?
Are you a high school volunteer seeking a rewarding way to fulfill your volunteer requirements?
Whether you are an adult, of any age, or still a teenager, Revera offers you a great way to connect with seniors in your neighbourhood. By helping with recreation programs, supporting events or spending quality time with one of our residents, you can make all the difference.
And all it takes is 1-2 hours a week. Our residents are unique and special – and so are our volunteers.
Read the press release: Revera thanks Volunteers Across Canada for Making a Difference.
Volunteering at Revera
Volunteer opportunities are advertised and managed at the local level across Canada by Directors of Recreation (at our 99 Retirement Residences) or Recreation Managers (at our 73 Long Term Care Homes).
There are many ways to contribute to your community at Revera. Our volunteers enjoy many activities and opportunities, including:
- Assisting with recreation programs and events
- Participating in or leading organized programs & clubs
- Developing relationships & visiting with older adults
If you are interested in volunteering at Revera, please:
1. Download and complete an application form, including references. Click here.
2. Choose a retirement residence or long term care home.
3. Call the residence or home
directly and speak to a Recreation staff member.
4. If a suitable opportunity is available, attend an in-person interview at the home or residence.
5. Complete required documentation and volunteer orientation and training process.
6. Prior to starting your volunteer placement, we will request that you complete a background check, including:
- Obtaining a Criminal Reference Check or Vulnerable Sector Screening
7. You may also be required to:
- Complete a two-step test for Tuberculosis
- Get a flu shot
Thank you for your interest in making a difference in the lives of older adults in your community by volunteering at Revera!