Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector committed to helping older adults live life to the fullest. Through its portfolio of partnerships, Revera owns or operates more than 500 properties across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, offering seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care.
Revera’s vision is to celebrate the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation. Through a strategic focus on growth, innovation and leadership, the company strives to improve the aging experience of people in its communities.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Revera is committed to giving back through its community involvement program, Revera Giving
. A key component of the program is Age is More
, Revera’s initiative to challenge ageism—the negative attitudes, stereotypes and misconceptions that can prevent older people from living their lives to the fullest. Revera is also celebrating the lives of older adults through its sponsorship of The Revera and Reel Youth Age is More Film Project
Revera partnered with the International Federation on Aging to release the Revera Report on Ageism
in 2012, which encompasses reports related to ageism and gender, tech-savvy seniors, love and romance, and happiness.
Through the Revera Giving Community in Action
initiative, Revera’s communities and corporate offices have raised more than $600,000 to support the work of the Alzheimer Society of Canada.
Partnerships and Investments
- Sunrise Senior Living - Revera has expanded its footprint in the growing seniors’ housing markets in the U.S. and the U.K. by acquiring a 76 per cent interest in the Sunrise Senior Living Management Company, with Welltower owning the remainder. Sunrise manages approximately 300 communities in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K., including 15 properties operating under the Gracewell brand in the U.K.
- Réseau Sélection - Revera has expanded its presence in Quebec through its partnership with Réseau Sélection to jointly own 24 retirement communities.
- Welltower - Revera has invested with Welltower as a key strategic capital partner with a focus on opportunities to serve an aging demographic. Revera and Welltower jointly own 97 retirement communities across Canada.
- Aging 2.0 - Revera has partnered with Aging 2.0, a global aging and seniors’ care innovation platform. As a Leader's Circle sponsor, Revera works with Aging 2.0's global network of innovators to evaluate and scale promising solutions aimed at improving the lives of older adults at Revera communities and beyond.
- AGE-WELL - Revera has partnered with AGE-WELL, a Networks of Centres of Excellence program funded by the Canadian government and focused on research, training and commercial development of innovative technologies for healthy aging.
Revera is a privately-owned Canadian company, founded in 1961 and headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Follow Revera on Facebook at Facebook.com/Revera.Inc
or on Twitter @Revera_Inc
View more key facts
- Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector
- 500 sites across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom
- Approximately 45,000 employees serving more than 50,000 people
Our mission is to enhance lives with choices in community living, warm hospitality and compassionate care.
Our VisionRevera’s vision is to celebrate the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.
Celebrate: We will recognize, praise and revere each other and everyone we serve. We will celebrate people in every interaction.
Ageless spirit: Everyone is a person first, regardless of age or capabilities. We will value each individual, and nurture their mind, body and ageless spirit.
People: We will have a positive, heartfelt impact on the lives of the people we touch.
Service: We will go above and beyond to make each person feel important and appreciated. We will anticipate needs and exceed expectations. We will serve as we want to be served.
Innovation: We will be bold. We will continuously improve and expand to be innovative leaders in ways big and small.
Our ValuesOur core values are the foundation of our company and set the standard for everything we do.
Respect – We champion diversity and work to help everyone feel valued.
Integrity – We step up and do the right thing, and take personal accountability for our actions.
Compassion – We attempt to see the world through the eyes of others and look for opportunities to interact with kindness. We strive to emotionally connect with residents and each other.
Excellence – We are committed to ongoing learning and development, continuous improvement and being the best at all we do.